Thursday, January 25, 2007

Work Permit Query & PR Query

I had my Ivey’s interview yesterday and at the start of the interview only, the interviewer told me some thing which made me speechless for sometime. She was a Relationship Manager and involved with companies at Ivey’s for career management.

She told me that we need to have a work permit apart from Study permit to be able to work in Canada after your study. In case you don’t have that the companies will be reluctant to take you or create some problems. So she advised me to start the process of getting a work permit/PR/Landed Immigrant status along with the Study permit. What I knew was that Study visa gives you a work permit of approx 1 year to work after your studies have finished. She told me that this is true but not one yr but a very small time, so work permit is very much required.

I told interviewer that Embassy gives Study permit after being sure that the person is coming back to the home country. If I start my process of work permit, I will not get my study permit. She says she doesn’t know how embassy works and I need to check on it.

What needs to be checked is -
  • for point 1 (it will be definitely true as she is involved in this process and hence know about this), what is to be done.
  • If one would like to work in US if not just after but some years after the MBA, what is that he needs to do now.

No comments: