Monday, January 22, 2007

Visa Counselor's advice

I talked to one of the Visa Counselor at VFS Bangalore and got the following information

  • Liquid Cash doesn't only mean cash in your bank account, but also includes anything which can be readily converted to cash. This includes Mutual Funds, Insurance.
  • What other than Cash in bank account can be used to show finance for Visa application? Apart from Liquid cash Insurance, Mutual Funds, Fixed Deposits, Provident Funds can be used for showing the finances for the Visa Application.
  • You don't really need the money from the Bank Loan for the Visa Application. The sanction letter is enough to prove your financial worth.
  • When I told her that I will be getting my Provident Fund encashed, so she advised me not to do that. Doing this would make me questionable on the huge amount of fund deposits in my bank accounts.
  • She advised me to get the photos(3) required for Visa of the proper specifications: 1.5 inches by 2 inches. (more info about the photo specifications available at http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/photospecifications.html
  • What about getting a loan with a US Cosigner? (I asked this question as I had heard that Visa can be rejected if you have a US loan with a US-Cosigner) It is not easy to get such a loan. Further you will make your Visa application complex. You can go for a US sponsorer though
  • Difference between Co-signer and sponsorer? Co-signer will take the entire responsibility of your loan amount, if it is not repaid. A sponsorer can undertake your education expenses with what he already has.
VFS (http://www.vfs-canada.co.in) has visa counseling facilities for a charge of Rs 2500 where they help you collect your papers for Visa and counsel you for any help for Visa applications.

No comments: