Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What the heck?

Since the start of 2007, mails and forwards have been pouring describing 2007 as a unique year-unique in a sense that all holidays fall on weekdays (atleast for the Indian holiday system). I was happy to know and had also forwarded the same mail to many others. But never knew it will affect in a negative sense.

I couldn't get the Can$2000 draft for Queen's yesterday as was fixed up with work. I thought that I will get it today. The weekday holiday schedule of 2007 finally hit me, for the first time. The bank was closed today as there was some holiday.

My earlier efforts to get the draft on a Saturday were in vain as the ICICI Bank doesn't deal in forex on a Saturday! The work's pending since many days and its been a week since I received the courier containing the official admit letter in print.

There have been delays in the loan processing work because of the way holidays are spread in 2007, specially for banks.

Keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow is not another day in the non-weekend holiday calendar.

No comments: