Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ivey's Interview 2 done!

This time for the interview I was alone. That too after a long day at office!
The call came on time on the land-line phone.

The interview started with the interviewer explaining the way the Career Management Team at Ivey works, the work permit issue and Permanent Resident-ship (PR) issue.
She told me that we need to have a work permit apart from Study permit to be able to work in Canada after your study. In case you don’t have that the companies will be reluctant to take you or create some problems. So she advised me to start the process of getting a work permit/PR/Landed Immigrant status along with the Study permit. What I knew was that Study visa gives you a work permit of approx 1 year to work after your studies have finished. She told me that this is true but not one yr but a very small time, so work permit is very much required.
She also told me that we have to make our own effort to get a job. This is different from what I know. I have heard that companies do come. From one of Queen’s people’s mouth I heard-you can get a job but for getting a job of your choice, you will have to work out yourself. I very much agree with the Queen’s statement but am astonished to hear the other statement (one just above it).
I told interviewer that Embassy gives Study permit after being sure that the person is coming back to the home country. If I start my process of work permit, I will not get my study permit. She says she doesn’t know how embassy works and I need to check on it.

This really made me to think seriously about the PR thing. But at that moment, I had to proceed with the interview.

The questions were more or less the same as those were in the last 2 interviews.

The turning points came at the end, when she said that the results of the interview will be out by 4-6 weeks. I hoped that word "weeks" was "days". I asked her then if there can be a third interview. The answer "yes" made me really think about the credibility of the Ivey's program as to what they wanted to test in me.

I told her that the visa processing in India takes time and giving such a small notice time, it will be difficult. She said that her department know about the time it takes for visa processing in different countries.

Let's see what is the outcome of this ordeal.

Is there a third interview in store for me? Time will tell!!

No comments: