Thursday, February 01, 2007

ECNR issue: 1st Visit to Passport office

Should i call the 1st visit of the 2nd? Does the first one on Saturday last week when the passport office was closed can be called a first visit?

Just coming back after a unfruitful attempt at getting my ECNR done. Even after reaching at 9 AM though the office opens at 9.30 AM, the queue was 150-200 persons long. And there is only one queue for all Passport related work.

I went alone since others had some work.

Tried with the agents also. (Yeah! I had to, didn't want a re-trip to the place again and that too at a time -around 7 AM on Monday, Feb 5th, as planned with others.) The agents wanted atleast 700 bucks for getting your thing done. The others who had agreed for less (read 600) had raised their hands since the queue was long. I was just not in mood to shell out more than double what it will take officially. So had to come back!

One of my friends just told me that one can take an appointment online and then visit the Passport office. Let's see, how this works out, thought the current plan to visit the Passport office at around 7 AM on Monday, February 5th, is still in place!

No comments: